5.1.08

Finished! Aspen Hat





I had made an Aspen Hat (again from Twinkle) a while ago, but made another one for myself.
I made this one with Cascade Magnum in spring green and used these old Czech glass buttons that look like bottle caps.
I love this hat.
It's warm and a flattering shape. And so soft!

I also wanted to report some progress on the Phildar cardigan.
It's all done except for the sleeves, which I'm doing on 2 circs for the first time. It took a couple of tries before I got rid of some gnarly ladders. She's looking good so far...I even sewed the buttons on already.



I've also decided that I will indeed make the Jcrew dress below in Blue Sky Alpacas organic cotton...I think in Pickle, a bright green (much like this Aspen hat).
I will also stick to my pledge for 2008 using only organic or socially responsible yarns.
yay.

No comments: