28.12.07

I Can Make That

Part of why I'm excited about my newfound knitting skills is that I can at least try and make many of the things I love that are available in stores I refuse to shop in because of political/social practices (like Anthropologie*) or that are made in China (like some stuff I reluctantly love at JCrew).

The Twinkle knits are an example of the former and the following is something I'm pretty sure I can make without a pattern from the latter:



I figure I should start simple with my experimentation given that I'm relatively new to knitting. But this seems to just be a long sweater...with some buttoned on waist strap things...

I used to go through stores with overpriced clothes and brag to myself about how I could sew those things myself...it's nice to be able to do it with knitwear now too.

*note...just in case someone was wondering, the owner of Anthro/Urban Outfitters financially supports extremely right-wing causes (such as those of the aggressive anti-abortion variety)...meaning that shopping there is indirectly supporting those things as well...which is sad because I did love that store...did.

No comments: