20.1.08

Brrrrrrrr. I hate winter.



Damn gloves. Didn't help too much. It was like 11 degrees today...or something. But it was sunny and I wanted to take my film camera out and test some different aperture settings...it's been a while and I have to refresh my memory on all the photography basics since one thing I'm vowing to do before a much needed trip to New Delhi (for a cousin's wedding) and then Italy (yay!!) in a few weeks is to get my new Crown Graphic 4x5 camera up and running. Which means I need to remember how manual settings work. Which is also how I think truly beautiful photographs are crafted--with direct and clear intent. I guess often it's just luck...but maybe that's what separates photographers from everyone else. Someday I'd like to actually be at least almost a photographer.

Anyway, today's bitter cold was an excellent reason to take my newly completely completed best friend cardigan (and aspen hat) out for a spin. And did she perform. I stayed relatively warm, and with the seams finally looking good, I love her!



But not enough to smile when it's this goddamn cold out.

1 comment:

Nadine Fawell said...

You look SO cute, Mona, you are really rocking that Twinkle! It is bizarrely cold in Johannesburg today, and I am wearing my Shopping Tunic. Inconvenient Truth stuff, since it is summer in Africa...