19.1.08

Nine Inch Nails and knitting.



Seemingly incongruous, yet not so.
So here's the charted afghan. Unfortunately it's not readable, but if you click on it it enlarges to be semi-readable. Basically it's just a mix of the color pattern and the KBB blanket stitch pattern, but with 10 rows of seed stitch for the borders instead of 6 garter stitch rows. The S=seed stitch, |=knit, B=ktbl, O=purl...I like that all the wrong side rows almost spell boob...(boooob).
sorry.
but I did it on purpose. At least I don't lie, right?

I really like making these charts. This is my second one, my first being on my very first project--a chevron stripe scarf for my boyfriend.



Unfortunately I wasn't wise to the curling of the stockinette stitch, but it's still warm and pretty...in a manly sort of way, given the current owner. Made with Manos del Uruguay yarn...I think 2 skeins of the red and 1 of the grey.

I casted on for the afghan last night and I think it's going to be fun project. The yarn is just great to work with and it's chunky enough that I think this may take far less time than I thought--which is always a good thing. Leaves room for even more knitting...though I'm really going to have to get to a point where I cut myself off.

No comments: