1.2.08

2008 trends?

I hope not:



This is from the Resort 2008 DKNY collection...I really hope this isn't what we see coming out this year in knitwear...
I hate(d) the baby doll look that seemed to exist simply because every single celebrity felt like having baby after baby. Overpopulation anyone? I'm sort of kidding, but not really.
Anyway, I hope the potato sack look isn't what's coming.

In looking through New York Magazine's fashion section I clicked through Chanel's Spring 2008 couture collection. It's amazing. It's kind of Dune meets Jackie Kennedy.


(this is a tamer one, but I really like it)

If anyone else is in love with Lagerfeld's Chanel, there's a pretty interesting French documentary about Karl Lagerfeld, Lagerfeld Confidential.

I know a lot of people aren't into runway couture, but my favorite place is the Met's Costume Institute. And that's what couture is to me--it's costume. I wish it was the way we all approached fashion at least sometimes...with some whimsy and fantasy.

On another note, this is one of the model's from the Chanel show:



I could break her just by breathing too hard.
Whatever happened to that weighing models thing?

No comments: