3.12.07

Finished! Best Friend Cardigan

I've been pretty anxious to post about some stuff I've actually finished. It's like a virtual trophy case...and it's so nice to have trophies I'm happy with! and I have to say, I love Twinkle for this reason. I had never made anything complicated, just scarves and hats and when I discovered this book (which was one those moments of realization when you know the obsession will now take over your life because it's just too good...) I jumped on the Best Friend Cardigan. I finished it in about 4 days in early November and save some issues with setting the sleeves in (mainly making the seams look seamless, which never happened), it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be and it turned out pretty damn good...I mean, it's chunky. And therefore I look chunky. But it's like my first baby...I'll love her no matter what she does to me. Plus, the soft chunky is just beautiful (as is the color, urchin).



I feel like this is a cheesy Twinkle testimonial, but Wenlan is right (in her intro to the book)...now I feel like I can knit anything!
No really...it's a nice feeling to be able to examine things in stores and know how they were put together--and feel like I could do it just as well myself. Hey, I'm as good as some factory in China.

One more note, for the small size, this only took 2 1/2 - 3 skeins of the soft chunky, though the pattern called for 4. But I think this follows the consensus with Twinkle patterns...they seem to take less than the pattern calls for. I was pretty excited to learn from Knitlit that the Shopping Tunic only takes 3 skeins....rather than 7.

In other news, the Biker Vest is almost finished...I had some trouble picking up all the stitches around the edges for the garter stitch border and had to rip it out a couple of times. But I think this time may be it.

No comments: