23.11.07

On the needles currently...

The current project is more from Twinkle (my obsession of late)--the Biker vest. I wouldn't have thought I would have particularly liked this one, but it started to call out to me...And then I saw a couple of gorgeous ones on Ravelry (another new obsession) and it became my new favorite thing. I had some initial problems with the lace pattern and as a result the bottom is a little screwy, but I'm keeping it--it looks kind of interesting and almost intentional--a little like ribbing. Also, after ripping it out a few times already I'm sick of starting over. I'm using two strands of Aurora Bulky in teal on 17 needles, which looked bad at first because of some sloppy knitting. So I ripped it out and started with a single strand, but it just wasn't substantial enough.


This is going back to the two strands, with some more careful knitting and it looks pretty good. I should say, the pattern calls for size 15 needles and 4 strands of Twinkle Cruise. The cruise is quite nice, but surprisingly expensive--and also doesn't seem to come in the same variety of colors as the Soft Chunky. So this was, and still is I guess, a bit of an experiment. So far so good...

No comments: